Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time:

My biggest fear in my goals is not having the time I want to commit to poker. I have a LOT of free time by most people my age's standard. I don't have any kids, I have a job where my hours are set, and a girlfriend who supports my goals. I have no misconception that I will be able to sit and play online poker 8-10 hours a week and become a legit player again. Nothing in this life comes without work. True success comes from thousands of hours of work.


So can I make poker a priority? and if so-- how much of a priority does it need to be for me to improve at a pace im comfortable with. How many hours is enough? 20? 30? 50? who knows... I think I just have to go through and make poker a priority. To give up the other less important vices that I have (Warcraft, Video games, sports) and really focus on becoming a better poker player. By the new year my goal is to be putting in at least 40 hours a week playing poker. That shouldn't be too far fetched as I currently play Warcraft at least that much now. From there we will have to take it on a case by case basis, if I can play more, if I can't play that much. I don't necc. believe in setting abritary numbers as goals, such as playing x number hands.

Right now--the goal is to just play--Grind--

No comments:

Post a Comment