Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good Sessions:

Been playing much better as of late. Actually had my best invididual session moneywise last night. Mostly this was because I had monster after monster, but poker is not just about hands and flops, but also about extraction. When I sit down at the table there is a very loose aggressive player who is raising 4 out of 5 pots. to my immediate right is a very loose passive player who is calling 6 out of 10 pots with anything suited in any position. Though she (I say she becuase her icon is a cute kitty, and in my mind, its a she) has a short stack. Everyone else at the table is filled with short stacks, and seems to play pretty standard. I have everyone at the table covered except for the big raiser, so I immediatly start to think how I can get his chips.

I fold a few rounds trying to really study the players and hope I can pick up something before the raiser and the flopper give there chips to someone else. Speaking if which, I pick up QQ -- on the button.. and guess who my Big Blind is. The aggressive raiser. I raise 4x the big blind as only our limper has come in before me. Big Blind calls - and the flop seeker has folded.

Heads up - Flop -- Q88 -- What more could I ask for? I make three pretty nice sized bets, and he calls me all the way down to the river -- and I take a really nice pot as i've won half my buy in-- He writes in chat that he had a 8-- which pokertracker confirms that he had A8. I am not wondering how I didn't felt this guy. I replay the hand 3 different times, wondering how I could have played it differently to get more money. Should I have let him take the lead? Bet bigger. This bugs me. I left chips on the table. Chips he was going to give to someone, might as well be me.

As i'm folding and replaying my QQ -- some interesting developments happen. Our Flop seeker has gone on a massive heater. Dealing bad beat after bad beat. she has increased her stack size 5x in the past little bit. Including calling all of her chips on a flop of KQ4 - with 99. She was up against a set of Q's, only to hit runner runner for a back door flush. Flop Seeker now almost has as many chips as I do -- Also in these last couple of rounds -- The aggressive player has gone broke and left the table and I sulk at wondering how I could have gotten those chips. (Its easier when you know the player has trips. Good play by him)

Two more people buy-in to the table and I see that no one beside flop-seeker even has 20% of the chips that we have. I consider leaving the table with all the short stacks, but Flop seekers large chip stack convinces me to stay.

We end up battling a few times, where I usually came out ahead, including getting a few extra bets in when I flopped quads. It all came to a head when I got KK, and isolated-- I flopped top set-- figured Flop seeker was on a flush draw and took 75% of her chips overbetting the pot. Free Money.

Good Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment