Tuesday, April 6, 2010

playing playing playing

Sorry for the long delay, I've actually written 4 or 5 blogs but I never had time to finish them due to other issues. My game has really picked up recently due to my forced aggression. I played a 45 man Sit-N-Go last night. I finished 3rd (Top 7 money) and was really happy with the way I played. One of the main reason is that I lost two big races, and called an all-in for about 20% of my stack with AT, when another played had AJ (I felt at this point he was pushing with any pair, and any Broadway and some much weaker hands.

I was able to lose these hands and build my stack back almost immediately. I honestly don't think I made a bad read all night. (Though there were a couple of lay downs I will never know for sure) Incase you were wondering why I didn't win, I got all my chips in with 88 vs.. K5s when I picked up a hand against an aggressive player. Board came QJ7JQ-- defaulting my 8's.

The best stats of the night for me was

Saw the flop: 32 times
Pots won at showdown: 6 of 8
Pots won without showdown 26

Anytime you are winning as many pots as you see the flop, I think you are putting yourself in a good position. The only problem was I stayed up too late playing as usual and am going off of 4 hours of sleep. Tis the life of a wanna be poker player. Take care.

On a side note: I am branching out into other types of ways to improve my overall game. I have been playing the 50BB Min cash game as a way to improve my deep stack play. (as well as playing the Stars deep stack) I've also been considering playing some heads up sit n go's to work on my heads up game. Its on of those things where I will probably have ot take a loss for awhile until I can master my game. Does any know any good heads up books that I could read? I prefer books avail on Kindle but I will actually buy a book if it is worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment