Friday, January 8, 2010

Quality Time:

Didn't get to play as much as I have wanted this week. Work has been rather tough, though I have played about seven hours, so I can still hit 20 hours in the next 3 days. Though it is NFL Wildcard weekend, I plan play a really good amount. Though it is not that I haven't been playing, I have had a couple of really good cash game sessions the other day. I am up 3 buy in's currently and I hope to hit the 1000 hand mark this weekend and I will post a review once I hit that. (thats 1000 cash game hands)

I did have an interesting experiminet last night, I was getting in an hour of poker before the national championship game. I left my laptop on and my girlfriend starting playing some .25 cent 90 man sit n go on my account. She busts out in the 40's somewhere and she starts another one. By this time, the game as become a blowout and I go over and just start watching her play.

It was very facinating to just watch someone else play. Now, my Girlfriend knows the rules, but an aspiring pro she's not. She makes some mistakes and lays down a lot of hands. So I thought it would be a nice experiment to guide her through from a hands off sort of approach. When she had tough decisions, she could ask me and i'd give her my read on the hand. We ended up doing really well, and she finished in second and won my account 4.50! She laid down some hands that I would have kept going. She even wanted to lay down a set of 9's against an all in raise at the final table. I pleaded with her to call, TRUST ME, I said. She did, and the guy had AQ for top pair top kicker and was drawing virtually dead. She was at the final table of a tournament, and now the chip leader.

It was a really cool experience to not just watch over someone's shoulders, but to see what kind of things she picked up on. To view her reads and what she was thinking. very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment